“Canada is committed to making sure young people around the world, especially girls, get the education they deserve. A quality basic education is one of the most important things we can do for children, and the path forward to a more gender equal, peaceful, prosperous world.” ~ Justin Trudeau
Canada is a home to some highly reputable universities and colleges that attract students from all over the world. Canada welcomes thousands of students every year to pursue their dream and all the international students in Canada experience the full benefits of studying in the country such as job opportunities, the possibility of obtaining permanent residence status as well as eventual citizenship.
However, it is observed that married students are able to focus better on their studies while their spouse is with them. So, the main focus of the Canadian government has always been to reunite families.
Hence, the Spousal Work Permit Pilot Program that was about to expire on December 21st, 2017 was extended by the Liberal Government headed by Justin Trudeau until January 31st, 2019. Spousal Work permit Pilot Program allows spouses or common-law partners of work permit holders to work in Canada.
Benefits of Applying For Spouse Work Permit
The spouse of the foreign nationalists, who are enrolled in a full-time study program of one year in a recognized university or college, can apply for a Spouse Work Permit Visa. There are myriad of benefits that your spouse can avail once he/she is in Canada through Spouse Work Permit Visa:
- Your spouse can work full time while he/she is in Canada.
- To avail Spouse Work Permit Visa, there no requirement of appearing for IELTS as a language proficiency test.
- You can stay with your spouse in Canada till your permit is valid.
- There is no need for LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment) or Job offer at the time of application if your spouse is already in Canada on a valid visa status.
- You can even extend your stay with your spouse in Canada by extending the validity of your visa.
Are you eligible for Spouse Work Permit?
Before initiating the application process, it is important to determine whether your spouse is eligible to apply or not. Your spouse or common-law partner may apply for a work permit if:
- You are a full-time student;
- You have a valid study permit; or
- You have a valid work permit.
Application Process of Spouse Work Permit
You can go ahead with the application process of spouse work permit from:
- Outside of Canada;
- Upon arrival in Canada; or
- Within Canada
If your spouse has entered Canada as a visitor, and now wishes to apply for a Spouse Work Permit, follow the below-mentioned process:
- Visit the Apply onlinepage of the Immigration Canada website.
- Quickly fill out the Check your eligibility to apply
- Your personal reference code will be generated at the end of the questionnaire.
- Log on to MyCIC account.
- Complete the provided PDF Application Form and save it on your desktop for upload stage.
- Now, upload the required documents in the following manner:
- Upload your saved IMM5710form to your application.
- Upload your passport, making sure that all stamped/marked pages of your passport are included.
- If you were required to do a medical exam as part of your work permit application, upload proof of this (i.e. a receipt) in the additional documents section.
- Pay the required fees and submit the filled application.
- Processing times vary according to the volume and time of year. Wait to receive your online work permit approval notice (Letter of Introduction).
Why CS Immigration?
At CS Immigration, we are equipped with the most efficient and experienced team for Spouse Visa Canada who would assist and support you right through your application process. Our team of expert immigration consultants has in-depth knowledge and immense experience in dealing with cases of spouse visa.