If you are planning to visit USA and you are currently in Canada, you might need a visa.
If you are a Canadian citizen, you are not required to acquire a visa to enter the United States of America unless you are planning to work, study, invest or immigrate to the country.
What do you need when entering the country?
Canadian Citizens should carry a valid Canadian passport when entering the United States of America or transiting through the US to another country.
Citizens of Canada are not required to enter the USA for non-immigrant purposes except:
- Treaty traders and investors (requires E Visa)
- Foreign citizen fiancé(e) (K-1 Visa), as well as the fiancé(e)’s children (K-2 Visa)
- A U.S. citizen’s foreign citizen spouse traveling to reside in the U.S. while awaiting final completion of the process of immigration (K-3 Visa), as well as the spouse’s children (K-4 Visa)
- Spouses of lawful permanent residents (V-1 Visas), as well as the spouse’s children who are traveling to reside in the U.S. while awaiting final completion of the process of immigration (V-2 Visas)
- Non-immigrants traveling to the United States for work (Non-Immigrant Visas), including
- Canadian government officials (A Visas), if entering the US for temporary or permanent assignment;
- Officials and employees of international organizations (G Visas), if entering the US for temporary or permanent assignment; and
- NATO officials, representatives, and employees, only if they are being assigned to the US (as opposed to an official trip)
Who can Enter Canada without a visitor visa?
Canadians and Bermudian citizens are the only people in the world that can enter the United States of America for non-immigrant purposes.
Requirements for people without Canadian passports?
Here are some of the basic requirements if you want to get a visitor visa to USA:
- Original Passport with a six month validity beyond expected arrival date in USA.
- All old passports.
- One photograph per specification. Both digital and hard copy of the photograph are required.
- DS160 US Visa application confirmation page stamped at the Visa Application Center (VAC).
- Proof of fee payment, which is a valid receipt.
- Printout of US Interview appointment letter.
- Travel itinerary
- Proof of funds
- Tax ID
- Copy of last year’s tax documents
- Letter of invitation from children or relatives
- Proof of event, invitation card, brochure, etc
Please note that these are just some of the basic requirements for a visitor visa for the USA if you do not hold a Canadian Passport.
To know more about this type of visa, contact us on the number below or fill up the form that we have on this page!