“Diversity is the engine of the invention. It generates creativity that enriches the world.”~ Justin Trudeau
Canada is the world’s most educated country, with over half of the population adorned with a college degree. Canada welcomes thousands of international students each year to pursue their education in their dream university. Canadian education stands robustly on 3 pillars:
- Scientific Publications and
- International Collaborations.
Having a Canadian educational degree not only opens several avenues to one’s career but also paves way for permanent residency. International students boost innovation and fill labor market shortage effectively.
Reasons to study in Canada
Out of all the many choices available to students, Canada comes out on top. And the number of international students enrolling in Canadian universities is increasing with each passing year.
Studying in Canada can be a rewarding experience because of many of the following reasons:
- Canada gives students the high quality of education and exposure to the Canadian Culture.
- Opportunity to live in a bilingual environment.
- One can gain work experience in Canada after they graduate.
- They can experience the excellent quality of life.
- Canada ranks first on Science Literacy index.
Roadmap to get the Canadian Student Visa
You will have to follow a proper route in order to obtain a Canadian Study Visa that becomes easy with helping hand of CS Immigration Services – one of the top study visa consultants in Calgary. The process for obtaining a Canadian student visa is as follows:
Finalize the course, decide the university, apply for it and get your acceptance letter
If you are confused about the university to go ahead with for your higher education in Canada, make sure to choose your course and university in prior to the student visa application process. An acceptance letter from the university is a vital document required for visa application. Once you get accepted at a Canadian university, you will receive an acceptance letter, laying the foundation of your student visa.
Consider some of the top universities in Canada:
Make sure whether you need a student visa for Canada or not
You can avoid the procedure of study visa in Canada if you fall in one of the following categories:
- You are a family or staff member of a foreign representative in Canada, who is accredited by the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade, and Development Canada.
- You enroll in a programme that lasts less than six months.
- You are a member of foreign armed forces from the Visiting Forces Act.
- You are a citizen of another country, but you have an Indian status registered in Canada.
Apply for Canadian Student Visa
Once you receive the acceptance letter from the Canadian University, proceed to the next step- Application for the Canadian Student Visa/ Student Permit.
- Apply for a Canadian study permit either online or through a paper application, which can be obtained from the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website.
- Provide the proof of acceptance by a Designated Learning Institution
- Show the proof of funds to make sure that you have enough funds to pay your tuition fees as well as take care of living expenses.
- Submit Immigration Medical Examination (IME) documents stating you are in good health if required.
- Make sure you have no criminal background prior to applying for a student visa in Canada.
Language requirements to Study in Canada
However, proof of language skills is not required for application of Canadian student visa, but it is advised to have a proof of English ability, in case if required.
Canadian universities will require you to submit proof of English language proficiency unless you come from an English-speaking country. The language tests accepted by various Canadian universities are:
- Cambridge English: Advanced
Documents required for a student visa in Canada
Following is the litany of various documents required for a student visa in Canada:
- Valid Passport;
- Acceptance letter by a Designated Learning Institution;
- Copy of your Medical Exam Confirmation Document;
- Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of $10,000;
- Proof of tuition fees for your first year of study;
- Passport Size photographs (not older than 6 months);
- Proof of financial support during your studies;
- Statement of purpose;
Leaving one’s motherland to study in Canada is a major life decision and everyone needs proper guidance at each step of the process, so it is inevitable to hold the helping hand of the best Canada immigration consultant in form of CS Immigration who can serve as a trusted partner to lead you through this journey of transformation.
Moreover, every year the number of international students enrolling to study in Canada is increasing and educating foreign students cost about $11.6-billion per year business. Hence, in 2017, about one-third of the study permit applications were refused. If you don’t wish to be a part of this daunting figure, you need to take guidance from reliable Canada immigration consultant who can help you to pursue your dream in your dream country.