There are very few instances where you are required to renew your Permanent Resident Card in Canada.
Here are some of the most common reasons for PR card renewal:
- your card has expired or will expire in less than 9 months
- your card is lost, stolen, or destroyed
- you didn’t receive your card within 180 days of immigrating to Canada
- you need to update your card
- you legally change your name
- you need to change your citizenship
- you need to change your gender designation
- you need to correct your date of birth
How long does the renewal process take?
Most of the time, it will only take weeks for your PR Card to get renewed or updated, however, there are some instances where you can get your PR Card’s renewal delayed and that only happens when you provided the wrong documents or insufficient documents during the renewal filing.
To be eligible for a PR card, you need to:
- be a permanent resident
- submit your application in Canada
please do keep in mind that you are not eligible for a PR Card or renewal if you were asked by the Government of Canada to leave the country.
To know more about PR Card Renewal, contact us on the number below or send us an email so we can contact your right away!