Open Work Permits for Essential Workers and International Graduates
As of July 26, 2021, people that have appleid for permanent residency under the essential workers and international pathways are also allowed to apply for a open work permit, which allows them basically to work anywhere in Canada.
In May of this year, the IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) launched a special permanent residency program for around 90,000 essential workers and international graduates.
The eligibility criteria for Open Work Permits for Essential Workers and International Graduates:
• Should have submitted an immigration application under one of the steams for the essential workers and international graduates pathways
• Have a valid work permit
• Was authorised to work without a work permit
• Should be authorised have a valid work permit or was authorised to work without a work permit or under a public policy during the submission of immigration application
• Have held a valid work permit that will expire within the next 4 months
• Have temporary resident status
• Have a maintained status
• Should be eligible to restore your status at the time you submit your open work permit application
• Should be in Canada
• Should be employed in a job during submission of the application
• Should meet the language criteria of the immigration stream
To know more about this, please call us on the number below or send us an email so we can contact you!