Canada loves to bring in permanent residents into their country with hopes of making them Citizens one day and luckily, one day that could be you!
But can you become a Citizen in Canada?
According to the IRCC, in order to become a Canadian citizen, you must
- be a permanent resident
- have lived in Canada for 3 out of the last 5 years
- have filed your taxes
- pass a test on your rights, responsibilities and knowledge of Canada
- prove your language skills (you should be capable of speaking and writing either English or French)
- have proof of your taxes for the last 3 years
What’s the process like?
Here are some of the things that you would need to do in order to get your application processed:
- fill pout the forms in the Canadian Citizen Application Package
- have all the required documents
- pay the application fee
- mail your application to the CIO (Centralized Intake Office)
What are the Benefits of getting a Canadian Citizenship?
A lot of people from all over the world want to become a citizen of Canada, considering that it offers a lot of benefits, which includes going to schools for free, freedom, healthcare coverage and you get to hold one of the strongest passports in the world.
Not only that, but being a Canadian Citizen comes with various benefits that are not available to permanent residents. Some of them are as mentioned below:
- Canadian Citizens Can Vote and Run for Political Office
Citizens can vote in federal, provincial and municipal elections, run for office and become involved in political activities, meaning they have a say in who runs the various levels of government that exist in Canada.
- Canadian Citizens Can Travel on a Canadian Passport
The power of a Canadian passport is proved by a fact that it is placed amongst the top 10 passports in the world. With a Canadian passport in hand, you can travel to more than 150 countries with no visa requirements.
- Canadian Citizens Never Have to Worry about renewal
Once you become the citizen of Canada, you don’t have to renew your citizenship or fret about losing your status. You get free from bothersome processing time issue of citizenship renewal, saving $50 that you usually spend on the renewal of your PR card every 5 years. Moreover, you don’t have to give up your previous citizenship when you become a Canadian citizen as the Canadian government recognizes multiple-citizenship.
To know more about the Citizen Application, fill up the form below so we can contact you as soon as possible!