CS Immigration is a company which believes that every individual has the right to choose what kind of life they want to live and where they want to live it. Our promoters have built this company with honesty and dedication to deliver quality service to everyone who seeks our services. Migrating to a new country is a major life decision and everyone needs proper guidance at each step of the process, CS Immigration can serve as a trusted partner to lead you through this journey of transformation.
226, 7 Westwinds Crescent NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H2,
AB - T3J 5H2
Tel: +1 (403) 408-7986
Email: info@CSimmigration.ca

Canada Overhauls Post-Graduation Work Permit Program for International Students


Good news for the international students looking for a Canada’s Post Graduation Work Permit! According to the recent updates, students will have six months to apply once they get their final marks and will NO longer require a valid study permit.

These updates were unveiled on February 14, Thursday, along with other changes to Post-Graduation Work Permit Program or PGWP.

This increased time will benefit the recent graduates seeking PGWP after getting their notice of graduation. The earlier time was 90 days to apply for this program.

Besides, they don’t need to submit a valid study permit while applying for a PGWP.

According to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship (IRCC), study permit would be valid at some phases during the 180 days graduates are required to submit their PGWP application.

What is the Post-Graduation Work Permit?

Post-Graduation Work Permit, as the name suggests, is an open work permit that lets international graduates of approved institutions live and work in Canada for a period of up to three years after they complete their study.

As per the eligibility criteria, the candidate’s study program should be at least eight months long while fulfilling other particular guidelines. Besides, work experience earned with a PGWP helps them qualify for PR in Canada through the Canadian Experience Class.