What is PNP?
The Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), which was established in 1998, is the second most popular route for skilled worker immigration to Canada after Express Entry. The PNP is run by almost every province and territory in order to attract qualified employees from all over the world and develop their local economy.
This program is for workers who
- have the skills, education and work experience to contribute to the economy of a specific province or territory
- want to live in that province and
- want to become permanent residents of Canada
Each province and territory has its own “streams” (immigration programs that target certain groups) and requirements. For example, in a program stream, provinces and territories may target
- business people
- skilled workers
- semi-skilled workers
HOW TO APPLY?
How you will apply depends on which Provincial Nominee Program stream you’re applying to. You might need to apply using the paper-based process or by the online process through Express Entry.
As part of the process, you will have to pass a medical exam and get a police check (certificate). Everyone must have these checks, no matter where they plan to live in Canada.
- Paper-based process
In the paper-based process:
- You apply to the province or territory for nomination under a non-Express Entry stream.
- You need to meet the eligibility requirements of the province that nominates you.
- Once you have been nominated, you submit a paper application for permanent residence to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
- You have to pass a medical exam and get a police check (certificate). Everyone must have these checks, no matter where they plan to live in Canada.
- Application processing times are longer than through Express Entry.
- Express Entry process
In the online Express Entry process, there are 2 ways to apply :
You contact the province or territory and apply for a nomination under an Express Entry stream.
If the province or territory agrees to nominate you, you create an Express Entry profile (or update your profile if you already have one) and show you have been nominated.
You create an Express Entry profile and show the provinces and territories you’re interested in.
If a province or territory sends a “notification of interest” to your account, you contact them directly. You apply to their Express Entry stream.
If you’re nominated, the province or territory will send a nomination certificate to your account, and you accept it electronically.
Admission To Alberta Using PNP (Provincial Nominee Program):
For immigrating to Alberta you can choose to consult a renowned Alberta PNP Consultant Calgary like C.S. Immigration. We are the one who can actually help you immigrate to any city in Alberta province and even in other provinces in Canada. After more than 2 decades of providing immigration services, we are proud of being one of the most trusted brand. So, why wait? Choose C.S. immigration right away!